Our Values, Guiding Principles, and Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
Over Scoular’s 125-plus-year history, we have grown from a small grain company in Superior, Nebraska, to an industry leader with over 1200 employees working in over 100 locations around the globe. Throughout its history, Scoular has held a deep commitment to operating with integrity and has always been proud to make that transparent to its employees and to our external partners. In addition, that commitment to integrity has been a driving force behind how we do business, and with whom we do business.
We know that our reputation is critical to our success and that reputation is earned through our interactions with our employees, customers, suppliers, business partners, competitors, and others. Today’s business environment is complex and constantly changing. However, one thing that will never change is our belief that maintaining our good reputation depends on each of us being personally responsible for our conduct. Our commitment to safety, integrity, and upstanding business conduct is not situational. We expect our actions to be consistent with these commitments at all times.
We hold ourselves accountable for:
- Integrity. Our word is our bond. We do what is right, not just what is easy or allowable. We are candid in our relationships.
- Curiosity. It is the root of our creativity, innovation and flexibility. We seek deep understanding of markets and customers’ unique needs. Coupled with knowledge, it leads to creative, unique solutions for mutual benefit.
- Perseverance. We commit to shared goals knowing there are many paths to reach them. Success means that we deliver results in the right way.
- Inclusion. We win when we bring a diverse set of ideas and people together to collaborate for company success.
- Compassion. Our employees are people first. We show compassion when adversity affects any of us. Each of us is stronger because of this.
- Stewardship. We deploy the assets of the company to win, while being disciplined to safeguard them for the next generation.
SCOULAR’S GUIDING PRINCIPLES FOR ACTING WITH INTEGRITY
We demonstrate our commitment to integrity and ethics when:
- We comply with the law.
- We treat our coworkers and others with respect and dignity.
- We engage in honest and transparent business dealings.
- We protect Scoular’s information, assets, and interests.
- We maintain accurate business records.
- We contribute as a global corporate citizen.
SCOULAR’S ETHICS REPORTING LINE